A great number of business owners advertise their businesses on Facebook, as the aforementioned social platform has an astonishing number of users. For business owners the main advantage of advertising on a website like Facebook is the opportunity to turn its users into their clients.
However, the whole process of gaining new fans and keeping the old ones is not that simple. Namely, Facebook has changed a lot since it was founded, and the changes it made have always been turned to improving their users’ experience.
What Has Changed About Facebook?
One of the changes Facebook has recently introduced is the one regarding businesses that have their fan pages on this site. Due to these changes, businesses owners advertising on Facebook have to put more effort into getting through to their fans. In the near past, it was possible to buy “likes” and grow your business this way. Nowadays, it is not possible to do so anymore. Moreover, Facebook has introduced new metrics, and these metrics are now the key to gaining larger audience for your company.
Facebook New Metrics Explained
There are three of them and these metrics include People Talking About This, Engaged Users and External Referrers. Here will be given a list including a short explanation of each of the metrics, to help you familiarize yourself with these relatively new terms in the world of Facebook marketing:
- People Talking About This – this metric is related to the numbers of people who have interacted with the fan page of your business. The interaction between Facebook users and your fan page can be anything from a “like”, comment or sharing. The number will show how many people found your page interesting enough to interact with it in any of the aforementioned ways.
- Engaged Users – this seems to be the most important number for every business owner. The metric ‘Engaged Users’ shows the number of people who are genuinely interested in your products or services. It is especially useful, as it shows how many clicks your fan page had in the period of the previous four weeks.
- External Referrers – another important number for your fan page is the number that shows how many people visited your page. These are, however, people who came outside of Facebook, rather than its users. This is a great way for you to learn something about advertising your business, as you can get the information about how people found out about your business. Then, you can determine which way of advertising is the best for your business, and focus mainly on promoting your business this way.
Can These Facebook Metrics Help Your Business Grow?
You should not miss the chance to use these Facebook metrics in order to make your business better and more successful. In spite of the fact that they might seem a bit complicated at first, they are pretty easy to understand once you get all the information you need on this subject, and they are an amazing way to make Facebook users more engaged with your fan page.
Crystal J. Briscoe is from Examskey Provider of IT Certification, at present doing MCITP Certification. He gets pleasure from Blogging.
You may also be interested in...
Latest posts by CrystalJ (see all)
- 3 Metrics Which Will Change How You Market On Facebook - March 1, 2012
- Top Blogging Blunders To Be Avoided - January 31, 2012
- An Overview Of Google Panda In 2011 - January 26, 2012