Internet used to be a medium predominated mostly by the text based content. Back in the olden days of dial-up connections; everything on Internet was text, from education to entertainment, and from communication to … err leave it. But the fact is that on all types of websites, we expected nothing but text accompanied by a couple of pictures and some occasional videos that will took ages in loading, not anymore.
Thanks to some remarkable advancement in the technology, we have download speeds that would have sounded impossible for a common Internet user, some years ago. And now we are witnessing a shift with more and more images and videos taking the center stage. There’s a steady growth in video and photo sharing websites, and the trend is same at blogosphere, where we can see more photo-blogs being launched on daily basis.
Photo-blogs are the blogs where posts are based on photographs and images. Some are accompanied by text while others are inspiring and meaningful on their own. When it comes to the pros and cons, photo blogs have their fair share of advantages, as well as disadvantages. If you are looking to launch one, you must decide after going through the following points.
- Photo-Blogs are much more appealing as compared to text blogs, and for obvious reasons, since there’s no way you can make some text appear as enticing as the graphics
- You don’t need to spend hours writing marathon posts, on photo blog, you can post a picture along with a couple of lines and that will do the job
- Photo Blogs can do much better when it comes to social media marketing as compared to text blogs, since visuals are more captivating as compared to a link to an article
- You don’t have to force yourself to write on a new development or cover some news coming out of the industry, after all blogging should be a little different than journalism
- You don’t have to do a lot of editing or proof reading
- Your blog will easily stick out from the crowd of text blogs going berserk with the same topics talking about making money online, tech, gadgets, and the likes.
- You will take pleasure in Photo-blogging even if you’re not making much money out of it, which is not the case in text blogging, where you can get bored quite easily
- It will be hard to optimize and get unique visitors to your blog because of the lack of content (unfortunately, photographs don’t carry as much weight as text when it comes to ranking factors), which means you will have to make the most of other Internet Marketing mediums
- You won’t be able to make much money via text based ads, so you will have to rely more on getting sponsors to monetize your blog.
- It’s not that you can take just about any photograph from Internet and put it on your Blog, instead you will have to read a lot into different types of copyrights and make sure that you are giving proper credits
- It’s true that photo-blogging will save you from the tedious task of editing and proofreading for typos and grammatical errors, but in case of photo-blogging, you might as well have to do minor photo editing (e.g. resizing to standardize and making it a good fit for your blog).
RELATED POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE
Latest posts by Bashir (see all)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Starting a Photo Blog - March 7, 2012