Link Building is the process of improving the search engine rankings of your page by getting other websites and blogs to link to your webpage. Search engines decide where your web page should be placed in the search results by crawling the web looking for links between your web page and others by deciding how valid your content is. This tells us how important good quality content is when it comes to link building. When we say good quality content, it doesn’t just imply one loaded with keywords, but something of a top notch article or blog which is fully equipped to establish links to your web page. The reason is simple. It’s only this kind of top quality content that gets shared.
Quality content brings value to businesses by helping build links. Good content containing authoritative links combined with lot of links coming back to the web page is an index of validity and popularity of the web page. Consider it just like a voting system. More number of votes go to a solid trustworthy candidate. In the current day, inbound marketing has become more important than ever.
Top Strategies of 2017 for Link Building via content
- Creating Linkable high quality content: Here is what high quality content looks like. First off, it must have accurate and up-to-date information which is derived from extensive research. It should be able to reach its target audiences by bringing something of value to them. The content should be impeccably well written. It should be well fed with content forms like images, graphs, infographics and videos. This is what makes your content writing stand out of the crowd.
- Infographics: Especially in a medium like twitter or Pinterest, infographics are a link treasure. They can help you build authoritative links from expert sources online. They get shared easily and invite a lot more attention than written content.
- eBooks: An eBook is like a lead magnet. Offer an eBook for an email address and you have yourself a lead to continue to conversation.
- Infograms: They work so well in social media and always invite a lot of hits.
- Videos: You-Tube is the second most popular search engine in the world. Videos are a dominant and effective form of content marketing.
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging with the sole intention of getting back links is spam. Neither should you be paying blog networks for guest posts. The content on your web page itself must be able to bring value to your niche. It should be influential and beneficial to the user. When your website has such valuable content, others in the same niche will want guest posts from you. When this happens, even if you do not get links, your brand has been built.
- Utilise Social media channels: Use tags to get better results. It increases the social signals by using highlighted content.
- Create Educational content: Which ever industry you are targeting, make sure you give them valuable educational content which they can use. You can also utilise alumni sections that offer profile links for this purpose.
- Content for new Blogs and Communities: This works just like the barter system. If you have good content you can also offer it to starters in your niche. Offer the something that can benefit the both of you. As they grow the back links you provided them with will also benefit you.
- Reaching Out to Bloggers and Influencers: First of find out who is sharing hot content in your niche and then reach out to them. You could either do this by making a mention about them on a piece in your page or you can reach out to them and ask for a mention of you on their page. Mentioning an influencer increases the credibility of your content. You can also get top bloggers/ influencers to review your product or service. this not just gives you backlinks but also provides valuable information about your product and creates awareness.
- Get Interviewed: Getting interviewed by industry related publications or websites is a great way to promote your brand. Find out what the audience of these publishers is looking for and provide them the same. Give a brief opinion and get quoted on a relevant topic.
- Utilise Broken Links: Reach out to websites with broken links. Offer the link to your web page to replace the broken link.
- Skyscraper Content: Content based Link Building leverages the content that is already getting links. This is the kind of content that gets shared. Find out the top performing content in your niche and add more value to it. Share your link with people reaching out to this content.
- Use Discussion Forums: Platforms like Zomato and Tripadvisor are very effective in driving a lot of traffic to their website. Getting listed here or by partnering with top reviewer platforms can help you go a long way in building backlinks.
The importance of content in link building cannot be denied. It is the most effective strategy for back linking if done well. With the rate race between growing competition and emerging start-ups, content based link building can go a long way in giving your business the required edge and exposure.
Author’s Bio: I’m currently working as Content Manager with Adreno Technologies. I have a great passion for digital marketing and I help small and medium-sized businesses improve their online presence and grow their revenue by formulating effective digital marketing strategies for them. Apart from Digital Marketing, I have keen interest in Entrepreneurship, Brand Management, Tech Consultancy, etc.
RELATED POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- WordPress Fever That Is Sure to Head The Year 2017! - February 11, 2017
- Health Hazards in Teens: by using Cell Phone - January 31, 2017
- How Small Businesses Can Put Some Xmas Cheer into Their Social Media Marketing - January 24, 2017