Launching social media campaigns has been a craze among marketers who wish to register a thumping presence in the global markets. However, considering the fact that marketing should be more about specific business needs than being a part of market trends, there are several facts you need to be aware of before launching a campaign of this nature. Especially, if you happen to be resorting to social media campaigns for the first time; it is always advised to make informed decisions.
Listed below are some very important pieces of information with respect to social media campaigns that you must know.
Aspects to Consider before Resorting to Social Media Campaigns
1. Social Media Marketing is Time Consuming—If you are more aligned to traditional marketing tools, the time investment in such campaigns must have been comparatively low. You simply make an advertisement, air it and assess the results. Social media marketing however would require a sizeable time commitment for ensuring success. Just making your presence felt on a popular social networking site like Facebook for instance, wouldn’t be enough. You would have to engage audiences and keep them interested in your products and offerings.
2. Social Media Marketing Must Always Involve Advertising—Advertising on a social media marketing interface must be an essential aspect of social media campaigns. The advertisements posted here however, would not target the immediate need of the customer. It would rather concern an accumulation of self reported facts and activities manifested through “like”, “follows” and so on. Therefore, they can actually be extremely focused and well targeted.
3. Hiring wisely is Important—Launching a successful social media campaign would essentially involve hiring experts who can help anchor it to success. Remember, selecting your expert solely on the basis of age is one of the biggest mistakes to commit. Just because someone is young and has been an avid Facebook addict since college does not mean that he or she is able use it to create successful campaigns. Google+ and Facebook are just tools, which can be easily taught. However, the ability to use them would depend on personal skill sets and experience and not on usage level or age.
4. Cutting Back on Traditional Marketing is a Mistake—It is always wise to consider social marketing as just another option in your kitty if ideas, and not a brand new idea to be solely relied upon. While shifting some of your traditional marketing ideas to social networking platforms could be a good idea, these traditional techniques would still be of use. Although social networking possesses the advantage of being inexpensive, if you already have existing traditional campaigns that are delivering results, withdrawing them to focus on social media is a bad idea.
5. Understand what is “Social”—Although social media marketing is clearly the latest fad, almost anything is labeled as “social” whereas the truth is clearly different. LinkedIn for instance, has very limited social activity barring recruitment, despite being reckoned as a “social” networking site. Similarly, Google+ too has a very limited range at the moment. Therefore, it would pay to choose a social networking platform that is actually accessed by your audience.
Making smart and well informed moves would ensure that your social networking campaigns bear fruit. It always advisable to make well assessed decisions for success.
RELATED POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE
Latest posts by Sofia Williams (see all)
- 5 Things To Know Before Creating Social Media Campaigns - April 21, 2012